[ale] Outdoor Wifi - Water - The missing Detail?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Jul 2 00:54:37 EDT 2021

Yes, that's pretty much what the Nanostations do.

No matter who you chose to provide the equipment let me just offer you
this one bit of critical info:

*Stop trying to cheat physics.*

Put your APs up on poles.  No "IF we mount them", just do it.  However
you have to do it even if you just strap poles to ladders, on tripods on
the roof, whatever.  If you do this from the beginning and get them up
in the clear you will have relatively smooth operation.  If you try to
cheat and have obstacles in the way of the beam, you will have headaches
and maybe pitchforks.

If you're being asked to do this then declare that pole mounts shall be
used and end the discussion.  If they don't like it, walk out and let
them figure it out for themselves.