[ale] Linux based door locks

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Thu Jan 21 12:36:47 EST 2021

Yeah there are a lot of Raspberry Pi door lock DIY solutions out there,
including prox cards, bluetooth, NFC, and even facial recognition.

I think a big part of what you're paying the big bucks for is the backend
management system to issue creds and track lock/unlock records. Also
liability because if you're locking doors you may run the risk of locking
people in when there's a power or hardware failure.