[ale] Linux based door locks

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:26:48 EST 2021

I have a CAC card for my work laptop. It runs nothing but linux. Fedora 33 now. The card works fine. Most of the prox card things I've poked at are usb and supported. What's missing is the code to read the card, compare with secure db pull, then raise a pin high on door lock. Sounds like a pi problem to me.

On January 21, 2021 10:12:51 AM EST, Phil Turmel via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Ooo!  Please report back if you find something elsewhere.  I'm
>interested, too.
>
>On 1/21/21 1:32 AM, Michael Potter via Ale wrote:
>> Are there any Linux based door locks for commercial use?
>>
>> That is: something that we all seen in large corporations with either
>fobs
>> or cards to open the doors.  But what I am looking for is something
>> homebrew with Linux.
>>
>> I am looking for something that is hardwired so I am not dealing with
>> batteries.
>>
>> 10 doors or so.
>>
>> The commercial systems are obscene amounts of money and they want
>ongoing
>> monthly charges per user.

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool