[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: What divides Linux Distros?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Sun Feb 7 19:51:50 EST 2021

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 12:07:08AM +0000, Beddingfield, Allen via Ale wrote:
> In all fairness, SUSE is using it because of Red Hat.  Red Hat jumped
> off that cliff first - probably because the arrogant and deranged
> fool...errr...I mean developer who created it works for them.

Oh, For fucks' sake.

Can we _PLEASE_ stop the personal attacks on authors of Free Software?

Sure, maybe Lennart Pottering is a ranking member of the Crab People who
somehow blackmailed everyone into his evil schemes.  Maybe his cabal is
why Trump and Loeffler lost in Georgia, because those voting machines
were running Linux ...with systemd!  And maybe he traveled to Wuhan to
deliberately infect the first few folks with COVID-19?  After all, it's
all part of his collusion with Bill Gates to inject microchips into
everyone in the guise of a "vaccine" so they can be tracked with 5G
infrastructure.  Naturally, those microchips need an operating system,
which is naturally going to be systemd because windows is still too
large, and Bill Gates knew that, pulling strings within Red Hat via his
secret stock purchases ensure a certain "arrogant and deranged"
developer's proposal would be the foundation of all linux efforts going
forward.

You have to hand it to the Crab People; they really know how to plan
stuff over a decade in advance!

Or maybe, just maybe, SUSE is using it because it is objectively
_better_.  According to whom, you might ask?  The ones doing the work of
putting together, maintaining, and supporting SuSE.  The same goes for
Red Hat, after literally years of uphill effort working out the kinks
via Fedora.  And the same for Debian.  And even "we'll do our own
zero-sum thing just so we can completely control it" Ubuntu.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)