[ale] Acquiring a registered but unused domain name?

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 12:12:53 EST 2020

I am part of a non-profit group, the National Federation of the Blind
Computer Science special interest group. We'd like to make a web site at
www.nfbcs.org. If you point a browser there, you get a 403 forbidden
message. Doing a whois on nfbcs.org shows that it is registered but
there is no meaningful contact info.

I am thinking maybe the domain is unused and if I could just contact the
owner, they'd be willing to let us have it. Any ideas on how to go about
that? The only thing I've tried so far is to send a message to
root at nfbcs.org.

--
John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; 608-263-4189