[ale] New Printer Recommendations?

neal at mnopltd.com neal at mnopltd.com
Sun Sep 8 14:30:12 EDT 2019

Yes.  I had a couple of those early printers.  The print-head was
integral with the ink cannister.  Like the free Barbie doll but the
clothes are ...

I think there was an intermediate stage a few years (heh. probably a
decade ago when Brother switched to permanently mounted print heads, and
their firmware would clean itself by pushing ink through it periodically
if you didn't print a lot.  Drove me crazy, hearing it spending
expensive ink.

We also had a Dell color laser, which was great... until the drum
crapped out.  New drum = $350 + four new toner cartridges = $220... nah.

Our print volume is modest.  The  MFCJ5830DW has big ink tanks, and it
"just works" until those tanks are empty.  They claim 3000 pages on the
black tank.