[ale] New Printer Recommendations?

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Sat Sep 7 13:16:57 EDT 2019

*Mostly* agree re: Brother

MFC-9970cdw and MFC-L5900DW have behaved well for us and are easy to set up for Linux.  I was able to find a non-binary driver for the MFC-9970 as well.

HL-3180cdw works, but it's wifi only, and can be unreliable if you want to use the (defalt) multicast name lookup, even when sitting w/in a few feet of the access point.

HL-3170cdw has ethernet, but we've had two fail w/ a drum problem in less than a year, and won't buy again.

later!
    horkan