[ale] New Printer Recommendations?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Sep 7 09:46:36 EDT 2019

Hi,
We've got an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw.
It's worked.... okay.  It often "crashes" in the middle of a print job,
only printing like have a page, or stopping mid-way through a "large" PDF
(where "large" can be as small as 3-4MB).  Sometimes it just falls off the
wifi network (I don't really blame the printer for this).

We paid around $300 for the printer from Costco a year or so ago.
The toner is running out, and replacement toner is....  $300.

So we're thinking of just replacing the printer instead of paying for more
toner for a printer that, frankly, we don't like.

We USED to have a Xerox that we loved, until it started ghosting and the
paper jammed.

We are looking for:
-- Color (preferably LaserJet)
-- Ethernet
-- Duplex
-- scanner w/ document feeder
-- works on Mac and Linux (I'm happy pulling a PPF file from the mac)

Any suggestions from the group?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745