[ale] Backing Up and Restoring Fedora 30 KDE Plasma Spin

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 21:32:20 EDT 2019

I like just tarball of /etc and /root and /home (this is a laptop) that goes periodically to an external drive. Total screw up is new install, untar, done.

There's a flag in tar (um, duh, there's 35,000,000) that is perfect for backups as it sets the backed up flag. Next tar only pull unset files. A monthly total copy resets flags. Very old school.

Or use lvm and snapshots. Then external copy to drive.

Or don't make mistakes 😝

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.