[ale] How to test a cat5 wire?

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Fri Aug 16 09:33:07 EDT 2019

Hey Derek,

A cheap one like this should be sufficient:

https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Network-Cable-Tester-Phone/dp/B009ZXYI1U/ref=sr_1_7

Locally, Micro Center has a similar one (for less $):
https://www.microcenter.com/product/486708/network-cable-tester

I have had this one for years and love it ($25):
https://www.microcenter.com/product/209845/network-modular-cable-tester

I'm is Norcross/Peachtree Corners... so if you live near-by, you are welcome to borrow mine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
/Raj