[ale] IBM is buying Redhat!

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Oct 30 12:27:21 EDT 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 22:09:42 -0400
Jeff Hubbs via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> F/OSS was supposed to free us from being beholden to corporations
> (i.e., pay them once and having to keep paying them in order to
> obtain permission to continue functioning) in order to create and run
> high-quality computing resources. Some sectors of society have
> embraced that but others, including government, by and large have not.

Carpetbaggers always step in to ruin something good (or not so good)
for their own profit, and there's never a dearth of people willing to
buy from the carpetbaggers.

On a positive note, *we* still have the opportunity to do things our
way, as GID (Gosh Darn Independent) people. It takes a lot of DIY, but
when it comes to our computers, F/OSS gives us the power to have it our
way.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz