[ale] P2P Internet with a Z axis: Invitation to info forums 04/05 & 04/12

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 17:18:18 EDT 2018

Interesting.   From my cursory examination, it's a way of sharing your
computing resources in a global pool.  In particular it seems like they're
attempting to change the way blockchain transactions are verified.  It
could be very fun, but Network Effect is a powerful force.

The Diaspora social network ( https://diasporafoundation.org/ ) is a pretty
cool and interesting way to do social networking in a decentralized
fashion.  Alas, my experience with Diaspora  has been extraordinarily
frustrating.  It's  the _only_ way I am comfortable with social media.
Relative to Facebook, nobody has heard of it.  I see almost none of my
friends on it.

-- Charles Shapiro
( lemgandi at diaspora.permutationsofchaos.com )