[ale] P2P Internet with a Z axis: Invitation to info forums 04/05 & 04/12

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 04:31:36 EDT 2018

Greetings and Salutations to all my ALE geek friends!
Sorry that it's been a bluefish... err.. blue MOON since
I posted here. :-)

Been away and under water, not so much due to global
warming as to pursuing changes in life direction. I've
continued to hack a bit and keep tabs on the latest
and greatest in Linux Land (et al) with my Linux Format
subscription**. Also been putting energy into activist
efforts like saving net neutrality from the oligarchy with
EFF and FFTF, but In general I had gotten a bit weary
of chasing the computer technology migrations.

Until now.

I recently got drawn to the surface and started breathing the
heady tech air again due to some open source technology
and an associated community that I find REALLY inspiring.
Like Amiga, GNU & Linux, this new tech seems to present
a lot of brilliant engineering and, like the FLOSS community,
it has a lot of integrity with foundations of social conscience.
I think this tech has tremendous potential for disrupting
entrenched paradigms, and I'm finding a powerful convergence
of FLOSS groups, internet freedom fans, arts organizations,
alt economy seekers and social concern communities, all
of which align tightly with many personal interests, social
philosophies and intellectual pursuits. If addressing the
issues of an increasingly broken internet has any
interest to you, this video is a good overview and may
explain what is driving my enthusiasm:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FJL3ibnZlY>

I'm intensely committed to supporting Holo and Holochain
with whatever talents in development and facilitating I may
have to offer.

To that end, I'm inviting all of you to learn more about the
Holochain tech and it's communities at a couple of upcoming
info sharing forums. These are being hosted by the Digital
Sovereignty Collective & Holochain, and I think both will be
of value to many here in ALE.

NEW TOOLS FOR GRASSROOTS SOCIAL CHANGE
Thurs., April 5th, 7-9 pm. at Atlanta Friends Meetinghouse
701 West Howard Ave., Decatur, 30030
 -- An information sharing forum on evolving innovations in
distributed open source computing and peer-to-peer networking
that are focused on strengthening Grassroots connections,
empowering Social Change communities and enabling new
economies. Learn how we can disrupt the centralized status
quo and mold the internet to meet our needs!
FB invite at
 <https://www.facebook.com/events/444099589354956/>
On Meetup:
 <https://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Area-Holochain-Meetup/events/249173662/>

DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING IN CONTEXT
Thurs., April 12th, 7-9 pm., Skiles Bldig. room 249
Georgia Tech Campus, 686 Cherry St. NW, Atlanta, 30313
(parking map: <https://imgur.com/a/wcsa0> )
-- An introduction to the Holochain distributed computing
architecture with installation how-to and examination of
the open source code base, plus orientation material
for doing development of Holo and Holochain distributed
applications.

===
Some additional video links with technical comparisons
of Holochain and related technologies:
-- Moritz Bierling - Holochain Blockdhain tech distinctions
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtoGfebn8pI&feature=youtu.be&t=9m10s>
-- Arthur Brock - Holochain vs Blockchain
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8QZsNpFok>
-- Matte Schutte - Holochain / Hashgraph Differences
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDxK8c-wbGo>

In peace, with thanks for your attention (despite my
tendencies to be verbose), and in hope that you will
share these invitations with any associates or groups
with potential interest,

in peace,
Aaron Ruscetta

** (BTW, I have a box of LXF back issues from the past
2 years if anyone has a home for them; complete with
all the included DVD's of distros, etc. Just email me!).

[note - event flyers not attached due to ALE msg size limit]