[ale] github

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:13:49 EDT 2018

https://www.tecmint.com/github-alternatives-to-host-open-source-projects/

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Joey Kelly via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 June 2018 06:32:49 Solomon Peachy wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 07:40:36PM -0400, Joey Kelly via Ale wrote:
> > > ...but what bothers me is, where are we supposed to go now, and why so
> > > soon?
> > What, beyond not relying on someone else's free (and proprietary)
> > service to host your source code or other project infrastructure?
>
> Yes. Not because those two sites were free, but because they were central
> sites that everyone knew about and everything of importance in OSS could
> be
> found there. Sure, I can spin up any of a handful of web-enabled git
> thingies
> and self-host them, but that means I'm participating in the re-fracturing
> of
> the open-source universe (surely a part of M$'s plan in eating Github).
>
> ...or instead of web-enabled git, I could go back to putting tarballed
> releases on my site, just like I did when Freshmeat was alive... that site
> was
> pretty much a listing of software and links to where each project hosted
> their
> stuff, anyway.
>
> --
> Joey Kelly
> Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
> http://joeykelly.net
> 504-239-6550

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.