[ale] help for handling passwords from dbas

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:52:04 EDT 2018

Friends:

Need help on how to solve an issue/

Our DBA friends are required to type a password in (DB password) to be able
run some SQ
This works well.  We want to automate this.

I am thinking that I provide the gpg public key and the DBA's w
create a text file with user id and password on their computer and encrypt
it with the public key.

They upload that file to our Jenkins server and with the private key the
script will get the password and run the script.

This way I can do this in an alternative manner.

Any issues with this approach and any better approach is solicited.

I am looking at ansible-vault but not sure if it makes it any better or
secure ?

-Narahari