[ale] Android backup solutions?

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat Dec 22 15:00:09 EST 2018

I don't use google either. My contacts are my own business.

For backups, if your device is rooted, then Titanium Backup is pretty easy.
I've used it a few times. On non-rooted devices, it has some capabilities or it did.

Or you can use ADB from a linux machine to backup stuff.  I've used that a few
times for non-rooted devices. I prefer the ADB method.

Both of these will backup APKs so you can side-load them onto a new device.
That's handy should you want to avoid newer versions of an app that may have
added "features" you don't consider features at all.