[ale] Lower cost hosting for ALE

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Dec 19 11:44:44 EST 2018

I ran that one.  It went for weeks on end with no activity.  A lot of
people signed up initially, including one person who had long since been
booted from here for constant off topic posts.  It eventually just
became him talking in an echo chamber with an occasional response.  It
came a time when I needed to restore the backup after a problem, and I
raised the question of whether we should continue it as-is, do something
different, etc...and there wasn't much input or interest.  After a lot
of inactivity, I just let it quietly die.
If anyone has interest in something like that again, I'll be glad to
host it, or a PHPBB forum, as has been suggested.  I'm just NOT signing
up for moderator duty to mediate arguments.
Allen B.