[ale] Android secondary security

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:32:22 EST 2017

Buy a new phone. Easier and cheaper. It's possible to to do a full
factory reset (which is what will happen in Fort Worth - no data
recovery option) and regain control.
Alternatively, see if you can remove the mail app.

On Thu, 2017-03-09 at 09:22 -0500, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> Out of the clear blue sky my cell phone has asked for a secondary
> security password -- apparently linked to my email account.  But that
> password doesn't unlock the phone and I have no memory (and no
> record)
> of ever setting a secondary password for this phone.  Manufacturer's
> help desk (LG) and carrier (T-Mobile) unable to help.  Manufacturer's
> rep told me to send the phone in to the service center -- in Fort
> Worth, TX -- but that requires a proof of sale, which I no longer
> have
> (or if I do I can not find).
>
> Does anyone know of a way around this mess -- or an entity in the
> Atlanta area that can unlock this thing?
>
> Sean
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain