[ale] NAS recommendations

Mark@markulmer.com mark at markulmer.com
Fri Jun 16 21:12:28 EDT 2017

I bought the QNAP 531 (5 drive nas) and I love it. From automated updates to the many, many apps and features. For instance: Virtualization for a few Ubuntu guests.  VPN. Backups to Glacier.

Cost was a factor but after a few years of little confidence in my ability to keep up a FreeNas, i justified the cost with the support convince and the new equipment.

Mark Ulmer