[ale] PHP date.timezone not set according to zoneminder

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 9 11:13:52 EDT 2017

William,

William Wylde <durtybill at gmail.com> writes:

> This is the date.timezone line I have:
>
> [Date]
> ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
> ; http://php.net/date.timezone
> date.timezone = America/New_York
>
> And I still get  "ZoneMinder is not installed properly: php's date.timezone is
> not set to a valid timezone".
>
> I've also tried date.timezone = UTC with no joy.

On my zoneminder system the only thing I did was:

sed -i -e 's#;date.timezone =#date.timezone = America/New_York#' /etc/php.ini

That's all I needed to do and I don't seem to have any issues.

Note that this is on a Fedora host, using the zmrepo zoneminder RPMs.

-derek