[ale] PHP date.timezone not set according to zoneminder

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Thu Jun 8 06:48:54 EDT 2017

On 06/07/2017 09:34 PM, William Wylde wrote:
> This is the date.timezone line I have:
>
> [Date]
> ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
> ; http://php.net/date.timezone
> date.timezone = America/New_York
>

> And I still get  "ZoneMinder is not installed properly: php's date.timezone
> is not set to a valid timezone".
>
> I've also tried date.timezone = UTC with no joy.

Are you sure you're editing the correct file?

On my system, I have different php.ini files for different contexts --
cli vs. apache -- and for different versions, like so:

/etc/php/cli-php5.6/php.ini
/etc/php/cgi-php5.6/php.ini
/etc/php/fpm-php5.6/php.ini
/etc/php/apache2-php5.6/php.ini

/etc/php/cli-php7.1/php.ini
/etc/php/cgi-php7.1/php.ini
/etc/php/fpm-php7.1/php.ini
/etc/php/apache2-php7.1/php.ini

I have to put the config directives I want in all of them, as appropriate.

Phil