[ale] USB disk enclosures?

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Dec 18 07:08:29 EST 2017

On 12/18/2017 04:59 AM, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:

> So I find myself looking for a new enclosure brand. Any suggestions? I need
> something that can handle the 4-8 TB range WD Red 3.5 inch disks.

Buy WD 8TB USB drives when they drop to $140 every few months on Slickdeals (via
BestBuy).  They almost always come with an 8TB Red inside.  The SD threads often
have specific model numbers to drive-inside mappings to limit the risk.

I tend to pull the HDDs from the WD enclosures - hate USB3 connections.  But
there are definitely some great uses of external drives for many people.