[ale] USB disk enclosures?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 04:59:58 EST 2017

I've bought a couple Rosewill enclosures and usually things have gone
okay. Then one came with a noisy fan. I contacted Rosewill and offered
to make it easy, I'd replace the fan myself. Eventually they sent me a
replacement fan that didn't work at all. Contacted them again and they
said send them the enclosure, they'd look at it for 2-5 days, and if it
was their fault send me another.

Of course that means backups to that drive would be unavailable for 2-3
weeks. If their Customer Support had been supportive I'd stick with
them. It felt like they wanted me to be glad they answered the e-mails
within a couple days.

So I find myself looking for a new enclosure brand. Any suggestions? I
need something that can handle the 4-8 TB range WD Red 3.5 inch disks.

Leam