[ale] Semi Ot: email to sms

Justin Goldberg justgold79 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:10:48 EDT 2015

If you don't have the imap connector on the exchange server, there's the
paid exquilla plugin for Thunderbird that uses exchange web services (so it
only works on exchange 2010 and later). Evolution supports ews also.

If you use outlook (I don't like it either, it's a massively bloated memory
hog, and the 64-bit version is flaky. Although I haven't used outlook 2016
64-bit yet) it has forwarding rules but afaik doesn't have one that can
strip formatting, so your first 160 characters could be Word-formatted HTML
formatted, haha. All that weird <v> formatting garbage! I'm sure there's a
vbscript out there that can extract the body as text that could then be
tweaked to forward the email.

Just my two cents.

Justin