[ale] thunderbird

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Sat May 30 07:05:16 EDT 2015

On 05/29/2015 03:55 PM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
>>> Paul, Of those 4, only two are WM. The other 2 are DEs.
>>>
>>> * WM
>>> * DM
>>> * DE
>>> These are 3 different things.  The WM controls where new windows are placed.
>>>

>> ok, so which are WM's ??
>>
> Did a little searching - seems newer WMs don't always allow control of placement
> for application windows. openbox has a "smartplacement" policy for the config file.
>
> My .fvwm2rc file has placement which looks like the ~/.Xresources format, so
> there is hope that any X/Windows app should support it. I've noticed that
> Mozilla programs DO NOT - perhaps due to their toolkit use. I dunno.
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XWindow-User-HOWTO/cli.html
> http://xwinman.org/resource.php
>
> For example:
>
> $ xterm -geometry 72x24-0-0
>   Puts an xterm in the lower right-hand corner.
>
> xterm -geometry 72x24+0+0
>    Puts and xterm in the upper left-hand corner.

I got a reply from mozilla forum.. they said to open a reply window,
move it to where I want it, and close it. open a new one SHOULD open
where I closed the last one.. Well, that WORKED in KDE, but NOT in MATE
session.. so MATE is the issue, but after working in the KDE session for
the night, I went screaming back to MATE, ahhhhh, feels better:) oh
well, I can live with that annoyance I guess.

--
Paul Cartwright