[ale] LPT1 to Bluetooth

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:47:14 EDT 2015

We have an application at work that uses Lpt1 as the default port - hard
coded. I do not have access to the code.
Current budget constraints do not allow for a mod to be requested so I
thought to try solving the problem from another angle.

Is there a way that I can emulate an LPT1 port using Bluetooth? Everything
I found is a Bluetooth device that connects to the printer, making it
"bluetooth enabled". However, I would like to find a Bluetooth device
connected to my PC/Laptop that emulates an LPT1 port. Does anybody know if
such a device exists?

The goal is: User hits "print" on application, application sends Print Job
to LPT1, Bluetooth emulating LPT1 will accept the job and print on
connected mobile printer (like the mobile/wearable Car Rental printers at
terminals).

Thanks in advance for your help.