[ale] Restricting users to sftp

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri May 29 09:22:14 EDT 2015

Assign forced command ssh keys. All ssh subsystems are standalone executables; you can easily force the an incoming connection to only allow sftp, IMAP, or any other command on the system. Prohibit PTY allocation as well. See the man pages for the authorized_keys files. You can force these either in ~/.ssh or more securely in the sshd global config file. Either way ensure user has no delete or write to the file or they can change it.

Sent from my iPhone