[ale] Kiosk slideshow with reload

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu May 21 05:24:17 EDT 2015

Both non-accelerated framebuffer and KMS are in-kernel and set the mode, which at least partly includes rotation. Rotation can be done in userspace but it'd be slower than the kernel doing it for you. Embedded apps on Linux tend to talk to the framebuffer directly. KMS/DRI is new there, and so far as I can tell not widely adopted in part due to its complexity.

Fab has ioctls to set the rotation. Not yet sure about KMS/DRI, as that's on my next up list for a project.

Sent from my iPhone