[ale] CentOS 6.6 Kernels?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed May 20 09:27:38 EDT 2015

I'm new to CentOS. Last time I used Redhat was around 2000-2002-ish.  Been a
Unix and Linux admin since the mid-1990s.  Installed a CentOS 6.6 minimal server
this week, did a yum upgrade and rebooted.

The kernel is like - 40 yrs old - is that normal or RHEL/CENT?

$ uname -a
Linux cent18 2.6.32-504.16.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Apr 22 06:48:29 UTC 2015
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've been having fun learning the redhat ways of doing things the last few days.
Fun, fun.

So - do I just need to reset expectations for using a 3.x kernel?

--
Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.