[ale] Installing MS fonts

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Fri May 15 15:22:20 EDT 2015

I've seen various versions of this design flaw over the years. When you
generate a document, do *not* make the appearance of the document depend
on the vagaries of the environment in which it is viewed. I'm familiar
with a situation at a federal agency where documents - and in fact, even
correct function of the software - depend on the version of Word
installed at the end-user end, and it's as accident-prone now as it was
in 2003 when I first observed it there.

Embed those fonts, paint in the text as bitmap, pay someone to write it
in felt-tip pen after it comes out of the printer, *anything*. :)