[ale] KVM/QEMU Hot swap network, can it be done?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:08:13 EDT 2015

Guys,

With KVM/QEMU as they are now, I am running them on CentOS6. If you change
the network bridge you have to restart the virtual guest.

Is there A Hot Swap feature I don't have enable?  So if I need to change
vnet1 of guest 1 from bridge 0 to bridge 3?

Can I restart the network from virsh for a giving guest?

I am looking for options that doesn't require me to restart the guest.

Also, I have a question for any Network Guru, if we connect one of KVM
Bridge to a Cisco 2960-x switch, we can ping the bridge, but none of guest
that are behind that bridge? We are moving from Cisco Small Business
Switches where they are working to Cisco 2960-x. We no not set up VLAN on
that switch, everything is still VLAN 1, but it strange that it failing for
the 2960-x, right now the port is set up for access. Is there something
special I need to do? Do I need to turn on Spanning Tree on the bridge?

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

678 636 9678
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.