[ale] Anyone know a way to turn off color in systemctl output for systemd?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon May 4 17:06:44 EDT 2015

I see others have same issue as I do that the default colors don't display well on their terminal session.

A bug updated today says this isn't unique to systemd as other items use colors.   While this is true to a degree it is also true that one can turn OFF these other things (i.e. one does NOT have to use colors with ls but can if they wish).   With systemctl it appears not to be an option at all.   (The LogColor=no apparently doesn't solve this.)

One suggestion is to pipe the output through cat which works but it really seems there ought to be a way to adjust the colors to one's liking or turn them off.

The only other suggestion I saw was to recompile which seems a bit much to change colors especially if one user wants them one way and another user wants them a different way.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you