[ale] group merger ALE + GA400-Linux

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Wed Jul 15 12:31:35 EDT 2015

On 07/15/2015 09:27 AM, James Sumners wrote:

> City council approved an overhaul of the acoustics and sound system for a
> meeting space in the education annex this past Monday. The space is
> technically available for bookings now, but the city isn't advertising it
> due to the current acoustics. I imagine it won't take long for the room to
> be updated once work starts (a week or two, tops?).
>
> I really don't see Oz giving over their limited space for it, and they
> would be the most likely spot.

Yes, I was thinking of Oz.  And Los Mariachis and Cracker Barrel.  Open
to more suggestions, of course, but best discussed at the first meeting
with actual attendees.

> One thing to keep in mind: the city would probably be willing to rent space
> at a minimal cost (i.e. enough to pay the electric) if the meetings are
> something that can benefit the community.

I'll definitely keep it in mind.  But one of the things that struck me
as effective at the GA400 mtg was food.  And not just a generic pile of
pizza boxes, but a real menu with a variety of selections.  Works really
well with the no-agenda format.

Phil