[ale] System Management Card

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 17 10:51:07 EDT 2015

Probably the best solution for access and control of a consumer grade system.
Relay modules can be purchased on eBay cheap from China.

You need to verify the computer will support a BIOS setting of "Power State after Power Loss: Previous State".

Many times my desktop does not really lock up. Chrome can make Xorg go to 99% CPU and it feels like a lockup. I can SSH in and kill Chrome. In your case you can't even SSH in.

The great thing about a serial console is that if you are logging that serial connection on the RPi 24x7 and your system locks there may be some history captured of a kernel panic that will shed some light as to why.