[ale] System Management Card

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sat Aug 15 17:29:01 EDT 2015

I've been thinking along the lines of ...

Connect a Rpi USB port to a an RS232 converter to a null modem to a
serial port on my system (yep, it's got one).  Configure the system
(kernel) to use the serial port as a console.  Open a port to the Rpi on
the router and ssh into the Rpi and run a terminal program to connect to
the serial port of the main machine.  Then connect a circuit containing
a 115V solid state switch (normally on) to a pin on the Rpi so you can
bounce the power remotely when all else fails.

Not exactly what you want, but you might be able to adapt it somehow.

Jim.