[ale] ot: back to taxes

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Wed Apr 1 08:46:55 EDT 2015

You can always file an amended return later to claim something you missed and get your overpay back or apply it to next year.
The key thing is to file and pay by April 15.

I always balanced the deduction vs the cost of the paperwork and subsequent tracking. Overpaying taxes by a couple hundred beats a potential audit redflag by using some squirrelly deductions. Even with records better than a saint, the time cost of a preliminary audit review is substantial. L