[ale] rsync patterns?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 16:22:02 EDT 2014

Anyone have good rsync foo?  I have a directory, /data, with a bunch of
subs in it.  The names of the subs start with a letter ( upper or lower )
or a number:

12512
11001
19262
JA215
JTFAZ
IC001

( Etc ).

In these directories are a bunch of files and directories.  I want to get
ONLY the directories starting with numbers and then some of the files (
files which contain "get-me", "dontignore" ).

I currently have a long list of:

 --exclude="J*/" --exclude="I*/" --include="*/" --include="*get-me*"
--include="*dontignore*"  --exclude="*"

Anyone have a better setup?  I tried:

--exclude="[[:alpha:]]*/" --include="[[:digit:]]*/" --include="*get-me*"
--include="*dontignore*" --exclude="*"

but rsync doesn't seem to like this marking.

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar