[ale] Older parent friendly desktop WM

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Sep 28 16:14:35 EDT 2014

I need some suggestions on a lightweight desktop WM that would be
friendly to my parents that are used to Windows.  My dad just got
scammed by one of these "driver update" scareware companies (it was a
pop-up ad) that charge high dollar amounts for installing free software.

I think it's probably time to shift them over to Linux, isolate them
from administrative functions, but leave the system looking friendly.

Ubuntu might be a bit too much and too heavy for their laptop.  I tend
to use fluxbox but that's a bit too minimal. :)