[ale] Interesting problem with Intel S1200BTSR MB

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jul 14 14:09:43 EDT 2014

On 07/14/2014 02:05 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Is the bios console redirect camping on top of the physical serial port?

I have the BIOS redirect turned off.  I've not tested it yet.

IMO the grub setting and kernel setting should have no bearing on what
is going on.  One thing I could try is a 3-wire cable.  TX, RX, and GND
to see if any of the other pins being active could be doing something.

With the null-modem all that would be high on the MB's serial would be:
RTS, DCD, DSR, Maybe RI.

Chris