[ale] Zimbra

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Aug 8 17:43:22 EDT 2014

Here is an Australian company that offers Zimba Network Edition as a
service.

http://sol1.com.au/hosting/zimbra/

Years back I moved us from ACT! to SugarCRM (community) so that we could
go from a desktop application to a web based CRM.  My problem here is
that I am the administrator of Sugar.  Looking back Salesforce may have
been a better choice.  SugarCRM complains to me that I need to update
it.  For me to do that is a multi-day affair at considerable labor
cost.  To be fair, I do have SQL access to our CRM and that has allowed
me to do some very nice data mining.

At $5 per user this is cheaper than me making email into a hobby.   If I
found a US service I could continue to use my dovecot setup for local
storage, backup, etc and the service could pull from that.
The users would then have access to "Exchange." One day of my time
setting up Zimbra would equal months of those user fees for my
organization.  Add in upgrades, etc and you have more hours that drive
up those costs.

If the web interface is good enough then getting users off Outlook will
save even more cash.