[ale] Zimbra

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Aug 8 15:35:21 EDT 2014

I have one more question.

I extensively use .procmail on my mail server to sort my mail into
~/Mail for IMAP.   Some people use Outlook.   For me, I have to use vim
to edit .procmailrc and add the rule.  I also have one unique setup.

For some boxes I've run a perl program, via procmailrc, that sends me an
email to my main INBOX that says 'CHECK XXXX MAILBOX'. Why?  In 2009
when I bought an iTouch the mail program would not check all my
mailboxes for new messages.   I seriously needed that.  That is how I
notified myself.  Even now that I'm all Android I still use that method
with K-9.

Is there any possibility to do server size sorting with Zimbra? What
about that notification I created?

I think Zimbra uses a mysql database for everything.  OpenWebMail deals
with ~/Mail folders in the users home.   It is just a php app.

The setup I've used for almost 15 years is good, but lacks Vacation
Notification (server side), and calendar sharing.   My users use
Outlook.  I use Thunderbird and claws-mail.  I have Vacation
Notification only because I wrote a perl program that runs in
.procmailrc that I turn on and off via an email to myself.  It then
tracks emails in from Customers and replies back to them with the
message I've configured.   Like I said,  I do a lot with my .procmailrc. :)

Oops, OMT.  We also store all incoming email as a backup in each users
directory.  We've had problems with people deleting email and asking for
it back so in .procmailrc we save a copy of each one before we process
it through rules.

I think Zimbra Community will do all I want.