[ale] Fedora grousing

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Wed Oct 23 12:41:16 EDT 2013

On 10/23/2013 12:06 PM, Solomon Peachy wrote:
> Egad, ext4 even on ~4TB arrays was painful enough; I don't even want to
> think of 14TB and up..
>
> As I've replaced old arrays with newer, bigger ones, I've migrated
> everything I control over to XFS.
>
> (My only two experiences with btrfs resulted in total filesystem loss)

I've been running a 2 TB FS on btrfs now for about a year, with heavy
use of snapshots, subvolumes and the like, and have been just fine.

I backup quite often, because I've had moments with btrfs that scared
the $#!^ out of me, but none in the last year.

Of course, as of last night I am (temporarily) on ext4.  Will fix that
soon enough.  Couldn't get the Fedora installer to do btrfs on top of
LVM; they consider btrfs to be a "partitioning layout". Hrmph.

     --- Mike

--

	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843