[ale] Fedora grousing

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Oct 23 12:06:37 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:55:33AM -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> XFS has been an option since early RHEL6 for anything BUT /boot. I'll be
> happy when they backport the fix for ext4 to support common drive array
> sizes (bigger than 14TB) . OK, so I just throw XFS at them but it's a fix
> that should have been done 2 years ago.

Egad, ext4 even on ~4TB arrays was painful enough; I don't even want to
think of 14TB and up..

As I've replaced old arrays with newer, bigger ones, I've migrated
everything I control over to XFS.

(My only two experiences with btrfs resulted in total filesystem loss)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^