No subject

Tue Nov 13 08:16:38 EST 2012

IMPROVED Regents University (sarcasm intentional) was very much a done
deal from the first proposal, very much a power play hostile takeover, and
probably not a good thing for Augusta College.

If there is opposition to this new merger - I would suspect mining the
effort in Augusta for actual budget line items, as well as the pattern of
announcements, might produce some useable ammunition.

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013, Lightner, Jeff wrote:

> Actually it was in the local news (WSB TV at least) yesterday.   They did
> interview some students from SPSU who weren’t in favor of it.   However, it
> sounded more like it was a done deal than a “proposal”.
>

> I think it is bad idea because by its very name SPSU has a different focus
> than KSU.
>

> Also in the news article the KSU President said it was a good idea because
> “they’re only 8 miles apart” which is:
>
> a)      Misleading because it implies it is a straight shot from one to the
> other.
>
> b)      Misses the fact that traffic in that supposed 8 miles is some of the
> worst in Atlanta.
>
> They say they’ll have a shuttle between the campuses but really trying to
> make it from one class to another on the same campus can be a bear and I
> can’t imagine with Atlanta traffic that it will make much sense for
> scheduling if you have engineering classes at the SPSU location but core
> classes at the KSU location.

---954705277-872637494-1383658199=:11612--