[ale] OT: a interesting new Android 4.04 based toy to play with

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Nov 21 12:26:02 EST 2012

I just bought the 7" Uniden less than an hour ago.  Within minutes, I was watching youtube videos at McDonalds.  At first glance it looks like a pretty cool deal for $ 60.  I haven't had long to play with it so I don't know it's limits yet.  I believe this one has a 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, and up to 32 GB external storage through a micro sd slot.  Screen is ok, I think it's 800 x 400.  They seem to have some sort of shell running on top of android, as the UI is not exactly what I'm use to on my Acer tablet.  I cannot find any evidence of Google apps, so it may not support the Google market.  I did find a page which links to the Amazon app store and a few others.  But the price is certainly right.  The clerk said the store started with 1000 units and had only 5 left this morning.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find a list of android keyboard shortcuts when you use one of these things with a Bluetooth keyboard.  Things like cut, copy, paste, home, end, etc.  This keyboard doesn't have any page up, page down, home, and end keys.

Sincerely,

Ron