[ale] IPv6 trouble w/ CM10

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Wed Nov 14 20:38:18 EST 2012

On 11/14/2012 05:11 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>  As an experiment, you
> could try entering in the IPv6 host address of your machine,
> 2001:470:1f11:3f:d63d:7eff:fe2d:2512, and see if ConnectBot will connect
> to the address without doing a DNS lookup.

Unfortunately, their validation regex is broken and will not accept an
IPv6 literal, with or without [] wrapper.

I know that ConnectBot worked for aloe.trausch.us when I had CM7 on my
G2, without any issues.  I don't think that they'd use a
forward-compatible API and then change that...

Firefox, which I also know bloody well has IPv6 support, refuses to
resolve my address, or ipv6.google.com.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”