[ale] Linode

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Wed Nov 7 16:58:34 EST 2012

Any idea what data center they're using? All the data centers in ATL I've
dealt with have at least two outgoing lines. Most have more. At fist glance
this seems to be a cost saving thing for Linode.

--Brian

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Erik Mathis <erik at mathists.com> wrote:

> IMHO, Get a second Internet facing circuit so when the ONLY provider they
> have is in trouble, they can route around it... You know like any quality
> provider would do. There a bunch of NSP's in Atlanta.
>
> -Erik-
>

> On 11/07/2012 03:17 PM, James Sumners wrote:
>
>> What are you wanting them to do?

The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths
imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth.
He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and
intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men.
It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like
knowledge, courage and honor.
It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty —

and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

-- H.L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun (12 February 1923)