[ale] OT: Younger brother in Afghanistan

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:35:27 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM, George Allen <glallen01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rakkasan!
> Went there in 2002. Will keep him in prayers.
>
> (Incidentally ... I learned Perl in Afghanistan. Seemed like a good way to
> burn spare time.)
>
> +1 on care package.
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Rich Faulkner <rfaulkner at tux86.org> wrote:
>>
>> Jonathan,
>>
>> Will be praying for him and for a safe return home.  Please let us know if
>> he needs anything that can be sent in a care package.  Perhaps something
>> over the holidays and good for getting through the winter?  Would be pleased
>> to chip-in!
>>
>> Contact me offline if you like on that....
>>
>> Rich Faulkner
>> rfaulkner at Tux86.org
>>

>> On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 15:07 -0500, Jonathan Meek wrote:
>>
>> Guys,
>>
>> My younger brother has deployed to Afghanistan as of Nov 1. He is a
>> field artillery guy with the 101st Airborne and set to be out on tour
>> for 9 months. Whatever your personal beliefs call for in situations
>> like this, I ask as a friend that you do so on behalf of my brother.
>> I, along with all our family & friends, am counting down the days
>> until he comes home.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jonathan

I will keep in my prayers.

( Army Brat! Had a brother in Bosian.)

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 8-10, 2012 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org