[ale] [Slightly OT] Prolific

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Sun Nov 4 23:29:13 EST 2012

On 11/04/2012 08:26 PM, Matt Hessel wrote:
> The prolific chip is the most commonly counterfeited hardware too.  I
> had one that worked in Windows, but nothing else. found out that the
> adapter was a fake.  Prolific had a site up talking about the
> counterfeited stuff.

Interesting.  How would such a thing be detected?  By the fact that it
don't work?

I reiterate that I must be extraordinarily unlucky.  I have purchased
cables from Amazon, NewEgg, and Fry's, and I have _yet_ to have the vast
majority of them work.

I bought a USB-to-dual-serial-port cable a few years back, but (of
course) I can't find it to save my life.

	--- Mike

                                    --- Carveth Read, “Logic”