[ale] Carroll Shelby

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon May 21 02:01:18 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

I know this thread is a few days old, but I thought I'd add a little
something.  I've never considered myself a car nut, and have never had
the money to have anything exotic.  I have been watching shows here and
there lately on the Velocity network and, even before his death, Carroll
Shelby's name would come up periodically.  So, I've learned a little bit
about him.  What I really find fascinating about his life is that he
never stopped kicking, so to speak, and ended his life recapturing some
of the glory he had during the 60's.  I say, if you gotta go, that's a
good way to end things.  I think they told him a flaky heart was going
to kill him 40 years ago.  I haven't heard any news about the specifics
of his death.

I've been eyeballing the new Mustangs for a few years since they
returned to the body styling that is like the originals.  Based on my
pocket book, I'll probably be eyeballing them (ONLY) for a few more
years.  I thought I'd let everyone know that the Velocity network is
broadcasting several shows called, Carroll Shelby, King of the Road.
They're going on at various times throughout tonight and into tomorrow
(Monday) and possibly after that.  On the Comcast network, that's
channel 205.  I just watched the one about the modern Shelby GT 350 and,
later, I'm recording the one about the GT 500.

I definitely have one of those on my try before I die list, and
hopefully it wouldn't help me die.  Driving something with 4 times the
HP of my Toyota Camry would certainly be interesting.

Sincerely,

Ron

--

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)